Friday, April 9, 2010

A home makers creed

I am starting this blog to share my journey as I strive to be the best mother, wife, and daughter that I can be.  I want to enjoy the journey as it is never ending, always changing, and forever challenging.  It is my personal journey and my hope in creating this blog is that it will motivate me to do my best, as well as celebrate my achievements, and help me cultivate peace and contentment with the stage that I am at. I came across these homemaker's creeds recently and they reminded of the importance of my job and inspired me to continually work to make my home a safe haven for my children.  I hope you enjoy them.

HOMEMAKERS CREED

I BELIEVE
homemaking is a noble and challenging career.

I BELIEVE
homemaking is an art requiring many different skills.

I BELIEVE
homemaking requires the best of my efforts, my abilities, and my thinking.

I BELIEVE
home reflects the spirit of the homemaker.

I BELIEVE
home should be a place of peace, joy, and contentment.

I BELIEVE
no task is too humble that will contribute to the cleanliness, the order, the health, the well-being of the household.

I BELIEVE
a homemaker must be true to the highest ideals of love, loyalty, service, and religion.

I BELIEVE
home must be an influence for good in the neighborhood, the community, the country.

HOMEMAKERS CREED

“ I believe my home is sacred; a place where love, faith, hope, and devotion have their beginning; where each has his rights respected by others; where joys and blessings, sorrows and disappointments are shared in common; where God is revered and honored, fellowmen respected and love is law.”

“I believe it is my duty to live up to the best that is in me to attain this, to fear things unworthy, to conquer difficulties by daring to attempt them, to be a companion as well as counselor to my family, and to teach and live, love of home, country, fellowmen and God.”

1 comment:

  1. WOW...THANK YOU so much for posting that. I have been in the "poor ol' me" mood lately about staying home full time but this really re-emphasizes why I made the decision in the first place. THANKS and this will be printed and posted on my fridge! :-)

    ReplyDelete