Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Focusing on the Basics

This morning I woke up and wasn't feeling well.  I have a head cold.  I was not feeling energetic at all.  So I decided just to focus on the basics and then rest without guilt.  I started a load of laundry, put a chicken in the slow cooker for dinner, and did the dishes.  Now I will just focus on caring for my son and getting some rest.  Sometimes when a person isn't feeling well, they have to take some extra time to rest without feeling guilty.  (Why as moms do we always feel guilty when we take time for ourselves?)  However, if we have the ability to get out of bed it is good to focus on some basic chores so the house doesn't completely fall apart.  I'm glad I was able to keep up with the dishes and have a plan for supper, so I can rest without worry.  Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment