Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homemade Toys: Sock Ball

Do you have lot's of unmatched and lonely socks lying around your house.  Make up a quick and easy sock ball for the kiddo's to play with.  Take one sock that is in fairly good condition and stuff it with some other socks (or any other stuffing material you may have) until you have a nice round shape.  Tie a knot in the sock and voila a sock ball.  You can cut the excess material off or just leave it on as I did (it is fun to try and catch it by the tail).  I made this for son to bat around on the floor and when the girls came home from school we had an impromtu game of catch.  It is really soft so it can't do much damage in the house. 

What do you do with your unmatched socks?

1 comment:

  1. I was doing some research for my blog, when I happened across yours. Sounds like we have some of the same goals in mind. I'll be back to check out how your journey is going and in the meantime check out my journey!

    ReplyDelete