Monday, June 7, 2010

Branding Time

This past weekend we branded our calves at my father-in-law's ranch.  It went very well (with only a few incidents but that is to be expected) and had all 50 calves vaccinated and branded before noon.  Thanks to everyone who came and helped.  A few extra hands made it go very quickly.  I didn't help much at all as I was holding my son but the girls were happy to have me take them for a walk in the hills.  They also enjoyed playing by the creek with their cousin.  In the afternoon I was able to go for a ride to help move the bulls.  I'm not sure I was much help as the horse I was riding did not like to move but it was good to get the chance to ride.  Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

Watch out for my mom when she has a needle in her hand.

Hubby and my Dad getting a calf ready to brand.

My daughter likes looking at the calves.

The girls love playing by the creek.

All done and the cows are headed to the summer pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment