Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Hi everyone, I'm back, late as usual.  I had a great time at my sister's wedding this weekend.  Everything went well and the weather co-operated.  It was a beautiful ceremony.  My son co-operated pretty well and many thanks go out to my great hubby who took care of him most of the time.  I just had to sneak out to our van a couple of times to feed him.  The girls had a great time and danced up a storm.  I will post some pictures tomorrow.

In other news today is the girls last day of school.  Summer holidays are here which means I'll be busier than normal and we will have to come up with lot's of fun activities and keep the TV watching to a minimum.  We do have a number of activities planned such as a family camping trip,  swimming lessons, VBS (vacation bible school), and the girls are going on their own to a 3 day camp. There will still be plenty of time to just hang around home as well and we will plan on having some picnics outside, doing some crafting and baking, and working in the garden.

Well on to our menu plan for the week.

Monday: smokies, perogies, corn

Tuesday: chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas
I have some old chickens in my freezer that I need to use up, so I will put a couple in the slow cooker.  We will some tonight then use the leftovers all week in sandwiches and what not.  Also I will use the bones to make some chicken stock.

Wednesday: chicken salad sandwiches, raw veggies

Thursday: Canada Day.  We will BBQ some hamburgers or have a hot dog roast.

Friday:  Chicken fettuccine Alfredo, salad.

Saturday:  Sausage, rice, corn  

For more great menu ideas head over to org junkie and check out menu plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment