Friday, August 27, 2010

Apple Torte

I have been slowly working on dealing with the apples I picked from my father-in-laws tree.  Generally I just chop them into bite-sized pieces throw them into freezer bags and store them in the freezer to be made into whatever we want later.  Of course we have been eating them fresh as well as making a number of tasty desserts with them.  Apple Torte is one of those delicious desserts.  I got this recipe from my mom and my sister helped me make it today.  It was sooo yummmmy!  Here is the recipe.  Enjoy!

Apple Torte

Crust:

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Cream butter and sugar and vanilla together.  Blend in flour.  Spread dough on bottom and sides of 9 inch pie plate.

Filling:

1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix well and pour into pastry lined pan.

Topping:

1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 cup slices apples
1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)

Combine sugar and cinnamon and toss apples in sugar mixture.  Spoon apple mixture over cheese layer.  Sprinkle with almonds.  Bake at 450*F for ten minutes.  Reduce to 400*F and bake for 25 more minutes.  Cool.

Here it is all ready for the oven.  I doubled the recipe and used a large baking pan.  Not as pretty but it still tastes delicious and it will go fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment