Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I haven't posted a menu for the last few weeks and it has shown in the meals (of lack thereof) that we have been having.  So here is my menu for this week in hopes that it will help me get some good meals on the table this week.

Monday: Leftover spaghetti and tomato meat sauce, garlic bread.

Tuesday:  Burritos with tomato meat sauce, raw veggies and dip.

Wednesday:  I need to make some bread so we will have fresh bread, devilled eggs, and more raw veggies.

Thursday:  I will put a chicken in the slow cooker and we will have potatoes and corn.

Friday: Cheddar Chicken Crunch Salad made with leftover chicken. 

Saturday:  Hamburgers and salad.

I also have a bunch of peaches and apples that I will need to use up this week.  I see some yummy desserts in our future.

One of my favorite snacks this time of year combines my favorite summer fruits: peaches and raspberries.  Simply toast a piece of bread (homemade is preferable) and spread with peanut butter or cream cheese (I don't like peanut butter so I use cream cheese but the rest of my family usually uses peanut butter), top with peaches and raspberries, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon if desired.  Mmmmm so good and so simple. 



For more menu ideas check out orgjunkie.com.

1 comment:

  1. I love my slow cooker. It gives me the ability to make a meal while busy with other tasks.

    I hope you have a terrific week.

    ReplyDelete