Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just a Quick Update

I thought I would give you a quick update on how Star's birthday party went.  In a word, great!  We are finally getting some nice weather here after having most of September be cool, cloudy, and rainy.  The girls spent most of their time outside.  They emptied out our garden shed/playhouse, cleaned it up, and proceeded to play "Olden days" or "Little House on the Prairie".  They were so busy with their game that I actually had to convince them to come do the few activities I did have planned.

Last weekend as well my parents and brother were out as we are redoing our roof.  We are replacing the original cedar shingles on our house with tin.  It is a big job but the tin should last for a long, long time.  Hubby has put a lot of work into it but is almost done with the house.  The garage is next on the list but it should be much easier than the house.

Also today we finished harvesting our grain.  The yield and quality was poor, but it is good to be done for another year.  It went very well with not many equipment breakdowns, which is always good.

I am on day two of my sugar free week.  I have been sticking to it pretty good but I am definitely craving some sugar.  Hopefully it will get easier as time goes on.  I pretty crabby tonight but I am not sure if it has anything to do with wanting sugar or if I am just crabby (because sometimes I just am).

Well that's all for today.  We have been busy here and it shows in the lack of house cleaning I have done.  Tomorrow I want to do a thorough vacuum as LK is crawling all over and he puts every little thing he can find in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment