Monday, December 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


It is a busy season here with girls skating a couple times a week and other seasonal activities popping up so making a menu is more important than ever.  Otherwise I know we would be eating less that healthy meals and convenience food.  Admittedly not all my planned meals are super healthy but at least I have an idea of something I can serve that is better (and cheaper) than eating out.

Monday: Roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn.  Monday is one of our skating days so I will do the chicken in the slow cooker and have the potatoes ready to go before I leave.

Tuesday: Smokies, perogies, and mixed vegetables.

Wednesday: I need to make some bread so we will have chicken sandwiches with the leftover roast chicken on fresh bread.

Thursday: Chicken noodle soup.  I will make some soup using the carcass from our roast chicken.  I might get the girls to make some biscuits to serve along side.

Friday:  Beef Stroganoff, egg noodles, and peas.  I will make the stroganoff in the slow cooker as Friday is one of the skating days so we don't get home until supper time.

That's the menu for this week.  What's on your menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment