Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Daybook - Jan 31, 2012

FOR TODAY
Outside my window . . . It is a beautiful, warm, sunny day.  And can you believe it?










Yes, I have a load of towels hanging outside to dry. In Saskatchewan, in January, and my hands didn't even get cold hanging it up.  This is a first for me.
I am thinking . . . that is is peaceful and quiet right now.  Both kids are napping and I probably should be too.

I am thankful . . . for all my family and especially my husband who puts up with me and works so hard for us. 

In the kitchen . . . fried chicken for supper tonight. 

I am creating . . . some things for LK's birthday this weekend.

I am wearing . . . navy sweatpants, and a navy tank top with a zip up sweater over top.

I am going . . . nowhere today.  I like having days when we can stay at home.

I am wondering . . . whether all this nice weather now means that winter will really hit us later and it will be nasty in March and April.

I am reading . . . The Friday Night Knitting Club series by Kate Jacobs.

I am hoping . . . to make some muffins today.

I am looking forward to . . . not much just trying to enjoy each day as it comes.

I am learning . . . that I need to drink more water.

Around the house . . . our basement is getting demolished.  The older girls have been moved back upstairs and things are getting tore down in the basement.  It is our plan to jackhammer out the floor and pour new cement.  However, that means a lot of things have to happen.  The scope of this project overwhelms me but it will sure be nice when it is finished.

A favorite quote for today . . . "That's what life is all about - laughing and loving each other and knowing they're not really gone when they die."  Charles Ingalls

One of my favorite things . . . baby giggles.

A few plans for the rest of the week: looking after the little ones, tot spot and shopping on Thursday, the older girls have skating on Friday, and LK's birthday is Saturday.  We have no big plans for his birthday but we will eat some cake.

A peek into my day . . . Our snow is disappearing quickly but the girls found enough to make a snowman over the weekend.  You can see LK wandering off in the background with a cat following him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment