Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along: Mystery Afgan and Funky Fingerless Gloves

Once again I am joining in with Ginny's yarn along.  Is it sad that I get excited for Wednesdays because I get to look at all the lovely yarn along posts?  I enjoy seeing what other people are making and reading.  I have a bunch of books on hold at the library after clicking through to a bunch of yarn along posts.  So thank you to all for sharing.  It is fun!

Here is what I've been working on:
This is clue two from the Bernat Mystery Afghan CAL. Isn't it pretty?  I think it would also look nice with the centre flower part done in a separate colour. I am enjoying doing this CAL.  It is keeping me motivated in my crochet, I am learning new skills, and I probably wouldn't have made this on my own.

I had to take a short break from the Mystery Afghan CAL to make a pair of these Funky Fingerless Gloves for Sky. She is going to be wearing them as a part of her figure skating costume this year. I still have to make a pair for Star and I'd better get on that since their skating carnival is next weekend. They are performing together and are really excited about their routine.

And this motif is Clue #3 in for the Mystery Afghan. I am falling a little behind as I still have 3 more of these to complete and Clue #4 was released today but we will get there.
I am reading Young Joan by Barbara Dana.  It is about Joan of Arc as a child.  I am about half way through it.  It is a little slow going but interesting so far.

1 comment:

  1. I read Young Joan years ago with my daughter when she was young. We really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete