Friday, April 20, 2012

Toddler Activites: Playdough

Playdough is a very popular toddler and preschool activity.  I have tried various playdough recipes over the years and I think I may have discovered my favorite.  I kept a batch in a ziploc bag in the fridge and it was still soft and pliable a year later.  Also the kool-aid makes nice colours and adds a nice scent.

Kool-Aid Playdough
2 1/2 cups floor
2 small pkg. unsweetened kool-aid
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp cream of tarter
3 tbsp oil
2 cups boiling water

First mix the dry ingredients together and then cut in the oil.

Then carefully add the boiling water.  Watch the bubbles and then mix it all together.


Knead until it is nice smooth ball and then let the kiddos go to town.


Making cookies is a favorite activity to do with playdough.


If you are lucky you may be able to finish the dishes while he plays. Or he may insist you play with him which is okay too.  Playdough is fun for adults as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment