Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Daybook - May15, 2012



FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . it is a beautiful spring day.  The sun is shining and everything is nice and green outside. 

I am thinking . . . that I shouldn't try to have too large of a garden this year.  It is difficult to get out there and get anything done with two little ones.    LK constantly wanders off on me as he loves to explore.  Many a time I have searched the yard for him, praying for his safety, and berating myself for letting him get out of my sight again.  And LT, well she  just wants my attention focused on her not on the weeds.

I am thankful . . . for the health and safety of my kids and husband. ( and that everytime I lose LK I soon find him again safe and sound)

In the kitchen . . . making bread today. I still have to put a menu together for the rest of the week.  I haven't been cooking that much (or that well) for the last little while.  Time to put a plan in place so I can have some healthy and tasty meals to serve. (Kraft Dinner gets old pretty fast although I will admit the kids don't seem to mind)

I am creating . . . just doing a little crocheting here and there when I have a moment to spare.

I am wearing . . . navy sweatpants and a light blue t-shirt.

I am going . . . nowhere for the next couple of days.  There is plenty to keep me busy at home.

I am wondering . . . why LK went and laid down for a nap all on his own today.  Has the fresh air just really tired him out or is he coming down with something?

I am reading . . . oh we have all sorts of books about the Little House on the Prairies series out of the library right now.  Most recently I have been flipping through The Little House Cookbook by Barbara Walker.

I am hoping . . . to get up early tomorrow morning and do a little planting in the garden.

I am looking forward to . . . more warm sunny days spent relaxing outside with my kiddos.

Around the house . . . lot's of cleaning needs to be done per usual but the outdoors beckons.  I do need to clean the porch this week and pack up the winter stuff.  We shouldn't need it again for a few months (I hope).

A favorite quote for today . . . Mother Teresa, upon winning the Nobel Peace Prize, was asked "What can we do to promote world peace?" She answered "Go home and love your family."

One of my favorite things . . . big, light up your face smiles, from a certain adorable, chubby 7 month old.


A few plans for the rest of the week: just the usual cooking, cleaning, laundy, gardening and spending as much time as I can playing outside with the kiddos.

A peek into my day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment