Monday, May 28, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . It is cloudy, cool, and raining.  It has been raining all weekend and it it very wet out there.

I am thinking . . . that it is going to be muddy outside for a while.

I am thankful . . . for this rain that will help the grass and crops grow (but I am also looking forward to a little sunshine).

In the kitchen . . . I am making potato rolls.  I plan to add some pizza sauce, pepperoni and cheese to them to make into a sort of pizza bun for lunches.  We will see how they turn out.

I am creating . . . currently crocheting a baby cardigan for LT and I picked up a shawl that was hibernating for a few years and am working a little bit on that.

I am wearing . . . jeans, a black tank top, and a blue fleece sweater.

I am going . . . to Star's band concert tonight.  It is the last band event of the year.

I am wondering . . . how much rain we got over the weekend.

I am reading . . . Cloudy Jewel by Grace Livingston Hill.

I am hoping . . . the sun comes out soon.

I am looking forward to . . . getting out in the garden when the weather turns nice.


Around the house . . . laundry is overflowing.  I try to do laundry on nice days so that I can hang it outside to dry.  However, I am going to have to break down and use the dryer or risk getting buried by laundry. 

A favorite quote for today . . . "It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters."  Blessed Mother Teresa

One of my favorite things . . . tickling my little boy and listening to his giggles.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Not too much going on.  Star has her band concert tonight and she has a field trip with school to the city on Wednesday.  This coming weekend we are planning to brand the calves.

A few pictures I am sharing: Memories of warmer days! (These were taken on May 16 when it was considerably warmer than it is now)






No comments:

Post a Comment