Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Yarn Along

It has been quite some time since I shared some crochet with you all. Here are some of the projects I have finished in the past few months.

For Star's 11 birthday she received a crochet skirt and hat.  The skirt pattern is Andalucia by Deanne Ramsey.  It was quite simple and features an elastic waist which is nice as you don't have to get the sizing exactly right.  The matching hat is called Gypsy Girl and is a free pattern.
 
This cute tea set is from the book Amigurumi Two, Crocheted Toys for Me, You and Baby Too by Ana Paula Rimoli.  It turned out pretty nice but I would make the cups a little smaller next time.
 
 
This cute bonnet type hat for LT is Nasturtium by Caitlin Pensak.  I liked the front post, back post ribbing around the face.  It was the first time I had ever done post stitches.
 
And my last finished object was this baby cardigan.  It is from the Craftsy class Crochet: Beyond Rectangles.
 
 
This is a photo of my WIP.  It is the Tulips Hat and Scarf pattern.
 
Currently I am reading An Everlasting Meal Cooking with Economy and Grace by Tamar Adler.  It is quite interesting.  It is not a recipe book per say (although it does have some recipes in it.) but more of a how to cook book.  The other book I am reading is Sarah's Quilt: A Novel of Sarah Agnes Prine and the Arizona Territories by Nancy E. Turner.  I saw another yarn alonger reading this trilogy and thought it looked interesting so I requested it from my local library.  I am enjoying these books, however I found the beginning of These is my Words (the first book in the trilogy) a little depressing at the start because there was a lot of deaths.  The pioneers sure had to endure a lot. 
From the book description:
 
In These Is My Words, Sarah Agnes Prine told the spellbinding story of an extraordinary pioneer woman and her struggle to make a home in the Arizona Territories. Now, in this mesmerizing sequel, a three-year drought has made Sarah desperate for water. And just when it seems that life couldn't get worse, she learns that her brother and his family are trapped in the Great San Francisco Earthquake. A heartwarming blend of stubbornness and compassion, Sarah Agnes Prine will once again capture the hearts of readers everywhere.
 
 
Well that is all for today. For more yarn and reading inspiration head over to the Small Things blog.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt! I have been wanting to make one myself, but haven't gotten my butt in gear. I have two little girls who would love one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness your crochet is really amazing, and you have the most beautiful children! happy birthday to your sweet star!

    ReplyDelete