Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yarn Along; Kerchiefs and some squares.

Yarning along once again on this blustery Wednesday with Ginny over at Small Things.  I have continued to work on a few small projects.  This week it was kerchiefs to keep my hair out of my face.  The purple one is the Lacy Crochet Kerchief by Kristen TenDyke and the red and blue one is the Winged Hair Kerchief by Jessica Silfa.

Then I started playing around with some squares from The Granny Square Book by Margaret Hubert.  I plan to use these to make some bags for the girls.


Not much other reading has been happening here because I have some sad news.  The touch screen on my Kobo Touch has stopped working.  It is very sad. I really liked having an e-reader so I would like to replace it at some point in the future.  I having been looking at the various options out there and I am really not sure what would be the best one to get.  Most of the e-books I did read came from our local library which I believe only supports Kobo and the Sony e-reader.  I do hear you can get a lot of free books for the Kindle as well and that seems to be the best and most popular e-reader.  What would you pick?  Does anyone have the Sony e-reader and what do you think of it?  Any advice and opinions are welcome.

2 comments:

  1. You might be able to get an Overdrive app for your tablet -- that would let you read ebooks on it until you get another eReader. Your Kobo isn't that old, is it? It might be under warranty.

    Also, Rose gave me a sample of an afghan - it's the typical zig-zag pattern mixed with granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think I could get an Overdrive app for the playbook but I don't like reading on it for long periods. Also LK seems to think the playbook is his and whenever I bring it out he steals it to play some games. Chapters already replaced my Kobo once but I heard that they no longer do that so I would have to send it in and since my Kobo is over a year old and I don't have a receipt (it was a gift) I think I would be out of luck.

    I think I have seen similar afghans like you describe and I really liked it. The problem is I am so indecisive. I will just have to choose a pattern and order some yarn. But then it will probably take me forever to choose the colours as well.

    ReplyDelete