Monday, April 8, 2013

Daybook for April 8, 2013


FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . it is clear but cold.  Brrrr -15*C is too cold for April 8th if you ask me.

I am hearing . . . Diego on TV as LK watches his favorite show.  LT is babbling at me from her playpen.

I am thankful . . . for my amazing, wonderful, and oh so adorable children.

In the kitchen . . . I boiled some eggs this morning as we have lot's (the chickens are laying well) so it is egg salad sandwiches for the kids lunches this week.  A roast chicken is ready to go in the oven for supper tonight.

I am creating . . . still crocheting afghans for the girls and enjoying the process.

I am wearing . . . grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

I am going . . . to be taking the little ones for a check-up this week and there is band tonight.  Other than that there are no plans to go anywhere.  I like this quieter season.

I am wondering . . . what kind of spring we are going to have.  Is it going to be really wet?  Or once the snow finally melts will it be reasonably dry?

I am reading . . . Raising Happiness by Christine Carter.  I also recently finished The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin which I enjoyed but it wasn't particularly deep or life changing.

I am hoping . . . keep up with my exercise routine this month.

I am looking forward to . . . being able to hang my laundry outside.

Around the house . . . I am trying to get some cleaning and decluttering done so that when it finally gets nice we can spend a lot of time outside.  The basement reno is coming along all the rooms are painted and the ceiling is up.

I am pondering . . . divine mercy.  I listened to this with the kids last night for Divine mercy Sunday and it was really quite beautiful.

A favorite quote for today . . . The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.  -Jill Churchill

One of my favorite things . . . watching Lil as she tries to imitate everything that we do.

Kid Quotes:  Noticing a scratch on LK's leg I asked him what happened.  He looked down and said, "Oh oh, it is broken, need's a kiss."  and he bent over and gave himself a kiss on his leg.

A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning and organizing, playing with kids, and just trying to keep up with everything.

Pictures from the past week . . .

Easter Morning




On the old bales
 Jumping off
 And climbing up 
 Bales are a farm kids playground

 Easter Treats from Grandma T 


No comments:

Post a Comment