Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window . . . the ground continues to be covered in white stuff but at least the sun is shining today.

I am hearing . . . hubby and his Dad working in the basement.  They are cutting some baseboards, I think.  We are getting close to being done the basement, but there is a lot of finishing touches to do.  Also hubby hurt his back again so that has been slowing him down.
  
I am thankful . . . for being able to hear Sky and Star perform in the music festival this week.  For a loving husband who watched the little ones while I went. And for the blessing of being able to provide music lessons for them.

In the kitchen . . . hubby made a delicious macaroni salad for lunch.  Mmmm, I really am lucky.  Other than that not much is happening in there.  I'll have to think of something to make for supper soon.

I am creating . . . crocheting a summer top for myself.  I got much of the front done while sitting at the music festival.

I am wearing . . . the usual sweatpants and t-shirt.  I do have a crocheted shawl wrapped around me as it is a bit cool in here.

I am going . . . to town tomorrow to take Sky to her piano lessons.

I am wondering . . . if the snow is ever going to melt.

I am reading . . . not a lot of reading has been done this past week.  I am still reading Raising Happiness by Christine Carter.

I am hoping . . . to get my tomato plants started soon.  I usually have them done by this time but with the weather the way it is maybe it is okay that I am a bit behind.  This is how my garden looked a few days ago and we have had more snow since then. 



I am looking forward to . . . having company for the next couple weekends. Having friends and family around is always a blessing.

Around the house . . . lot's of cleaning to be done as usual and even more so than normal as I have been spending a lot time in town this week for the music festival.

I am remembering . . . that last year when Star had to go perform in the music festival she was a bit disappointed as it was a beautiful, warm day.  We had the kiddie pool out, Auntie Jo was visiting, and a big water fight was underway.  What a difference a year makes.  This year the yard is covered with snow a few feet deep and the night of her performance it was snowing and the roads were a bit treacherous.

A favorite quote for today . . . live with less so those with less may live.

Kid quotes . . . After her performance at the music festival Star was bemoaning a mistake.  I told her it was minor and no one even noticed she had made a mistake.  She said, "Yeah, it is a good thing I am cute, so they didn't realize I made a mistake."

One of my favorite things . . . singing and dancing (with no one listening or watching as I have absolutely zero talent at either but it can be fun).

A few plans for the rest of the week: planting some tomato plants, cleaning the shelf in the kitchen, and organizing the craft/puzzle/game bins.

A peek into my day . . .

Snack time for a couple of cuties


No comments:

Post a Comment